HOP Pot 2018
Following the success of our previous HOP Pot Grants we are delighted to announce that applications for a new round of grants are now open.
In the past, HOP Pot Grants have funded some fantastic activity including digital training sessions, drumming workshops, and Tai Chi.
The HOP Pot offers funds of up to £300 for organisations to deliver activity for older people which demonstrates:
Collaboration: organisations working together in new ways, or for the first time, with the potential for creating ongoing relationships
Innovation: creation of new activities and testing out new ways to engage older people with culture or bringing together existing offers in the community in a new and exciting way
Added Value: use of the HOP Pot fund to add value to existing resources and assets
Live Well: enables older people to live well through arts and cultural activities, practices and engagement
We want to encourage as broad a range of activities as possible. There are no set criteria for how you might use the HOP Pot grant; instead, we’re excited to hear your ideas as to where you think it will add the most value.
- Bids must be submitted by an arts/cultural organisation and community/older people-focused organisation working in partnership (either organisation may make the application)
- Bids must show how the funding will be used to break down barriers older people face in accessing cultural provision
- Funds must be used for new, additional activity, and not as a replacement for core funding
- Applicants must commit to documenting the participation of older people in arts activities resulting from the awards, and report back on their activity / share their learning with other HOP network members
Grant applications will be assessed on the basis of:
- How closely they align to HOP Vision and Values
- A demonstration that the projects are innovative and involve trying out new ideas
- The quality of cultural experience offered to older people
- Supporting new partnerships and collaborations to flourish
- A demonstration of value for money, and use of the fund to add value to existing resources
Download the application form here.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 10 January 2018.