‘Have fun cooking’ with Liverpool Carers Centre’s cooking course for male carers.
Liverpool Carers Centre’s cooking course for male carers has been extended and is now open to men aged 55 and over.
The six week course will run from 12 September – 17 October 2019 – 12.30 – 2.30pm each week.
Why male carers?
Liverpool Carers Centre is working in partnership with Bupa / Food Active to run a men’s only cooking course to improve the physical, mental health and wellbeing of male carers in Liverpool. Research has shown that there are more men than women who are unpaid carers (ONS 2014), who are less likely to seek support (Carers UK).
Why go along?
- Learn how to create quick and low cost meals for you and your family
- Meet new people like you and have fun together
- Get new skills and taste new dishes
- The sessions will be very informal and practical
- It’s a FREE course with a free delicious meal included
- You receive a lot of useful recipes & hand-outs to take home
- The course includes easy to follow recipes, budget planning, practical cooking skills and peer support.
- Whether you can or can not cook – it doesn’t matter – it’s about meeting together and having fun
Male carers can self-refer to the course and they are also able to accept referrals from external organisations for male carers. Contact Liverpool Carers Centre on 0151 705 2308 or email: email@example.com for more information.