“Just because we can’t physically be together at the moment, it doesn’t mean we can’t share laughter and friendship with our older neighbours.”
Liverpool Cares has created an activity pack for the entire month of April.
They’ve just launched launched #AloneTogether, an entire month of daily activities for older and younger neighbours to take part in at home – one for every day in April.
They hope you’ll be comforted knowing that your friends across Liverpool will be sitting down each day to take a moment to be playful and creative, despite being apart.
They want this to be a resource for everyone!
So if you have older relatives, friends, neighbours, parents, colleagues, flatmates – just about anyone you think could benefit from a daily distraction this April – please share this with them.
Please also help spread the word – and tell the world you’re taking part in #AloneTogether by tweeting or Facebooking:
Let’s be #AloneTogether. I’m joining my older neighbours at @LiverpoolCares and taking part in a month of daily activities this April. You can too: bit.ly/AloneTogetherActivityPack
In this first week of April, they’re inviting neighbours to share their best jokes, to write a poem, to think of their Desert Island Discs, and to start lots of creative projects.
Click here to download the activity pack.
Liverpool Cares have also adapted some other services:
- Phone A Friend Pilot – Liverpool Cares is piloting a new friendship programme, introducing older and younger neighbours over the phone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information about this program.
- Digital Social Clubs – Alongside our April activity pack, Liverpool Cares is teaching older neighbours how to join online group video chats and social gatherings. Please email email@example.com to receive more information about this program.
- Referrals and Signposting – Liverpool Cares is regularly catching up with their network to make sure their needs are being met and so no one is left behind. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information.
- If you would like to make a referral via the Liverpool Cares website go to this link – (please be aware that it may take a little longer to respond to your referral.)
- If you’d like any more information regarding Liverpool Cares call 0151 659 1789.