Know Your Neighbour, Then Let Us Know…
Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service is committed to delivering a quality home safety service to the communities in Merseyside. Whilst they have visited over 500,000 properties and fitted more than 1 million smoke alarms, quite often the most valuable resource they have are members of the community who get in touch when they have safety concerns about a relative, friend or neighbour. They are able to offer fire safety advice and often improve conditions. If you know someone who may benefit from this help, phone 0800 731 5958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This particularly applies to anyone who:
- Is over 65 years old, as the risk of dying in a fire is more than twice as high as the average for all other ages;
- Is vulnerable or may require additional assistance or support;
- Lives somewhere that is unsuitable or unsafe;
- May have extreme mobility issues that would impede them escaping in the event of a fire;
- May have a sensory impairment resulting from Alzheimer’s, dementia, strong medication, alcohol or drug issues or may be hard of hearing, which would stop them hearing or reacting to a fire or the smoke alarm in their property;
- Does Not have working smoke alarms in their property;
IF YOU HEAR A SMOKE ALARM, ACT ON IT. IF YOU SUSPECT THERE MAY BE A FIRE, GET OUT, STAY OUT AND CALL 999.
Any information shared with Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service will be treated in the strictest confidence and only used to prevent serious injury or death.