Visit the MyClubmoor Community Hub and be a part of their Good Neighbour
Taking part in their Shared Reading sessions is a great way to relax, make new friends and share stories with others every week. You can drop in and enjoy listening to a great story or poem – there’s no pressure to talk or read.
The team at MyClubmoor want to bring people together and encourage people to ‘DO MORE’ of what they love and things they may have never tried before. Through the READ MORE at Clubmoor project, the overall objectives are:
• To become an inspiring gathering place where the CLUBMOOR community can share
their favourite literature and stories.
• To help to engage all members of the local communities; from children, young people and adults from different backgrounds.
• To encourage people to enjoy reading and discover how it benefits their wellbeing.
• To develop a broader range of English and literacy skills.
• To build strong, mutually supportive communities who read together.
• To provide enjoyable, welcoming and meaningful activities within the community,
inspiring people to engage in other local and city-wide activities.
• To improve well-being, increase social engagement, tackle loneliness/isolation and
widen cultural horizons.
They’ve also got a a free book exchange service where you can drop in and
take a book from the Reading Throne home with you. Keep it, return it, pass it on to a friend/family member, all we ask is that if you have any books not being used at home, please donate.
To find out any more information about MyClubmoor and their projects you could get
involved with please visit their social media pages: