“I started barely able to walk using two sticks and being in constant pain. It has taken time, nearly two months, but today I am walking without help and generally pain free.”
What is Escape Pain?
Sometimes called the ‘knee or hip class’, ESCAPE-pain is a rehabilitation programme designed to reduce pain and disability for people who:
- Are over 55 years of age
- Have knee and/or hip pain for at least 6 months
What will I get from a class?
- Information, advice and support from Healthiness Ltd’s Exercise Professionals to help better manage chronic joint pain and lead a more active life
- A group exercise programme tailored to your individual needs
- A chance to socialise with and learn from other people living with arthritis
Why should I exercise?
- Gentle physical activity has been proven to be safe, improve pain, mobility and wellbeing without making arthritis symptoms worse.
- Physical activity benefits anyone at any age. It’s never too late to become more active.
Not everyone with arthritis will need a joint replacement. There are many non-surgical treatments, such as exercise, that can help reduce pain and maximise your ability to do what you want.
The new course
Starting Tuesday 16 July there will be 12 sessions across 6 weeks at a cost of £25.
Anfield Sports and Community Centre, Lower Breck Road, L6 0AG.
Sessions run on Tuesdays 1 – 2.30pm, and Thursdays 2pm- 3.30pm.
Please call Healthiness Ltd on 0151 728 8874 to reserve your place or for more information.