As part of the House of Memories programme, National Museums Liverpool has developed a range of memory suitcases for use as part of group reminiscence sessions. The suitcases contain photos, memorabilia and objects that help promote conversations about memories of days gone by.
The suitcases can be booked by groups who have attended House of Memories dementia awareness training, or families who have attended the House of Memories dementia awareness workshops, as the training covers how to use objects in reminiscence sessions.
- Liverpool Overhead Railway posters
- Music and fashion memorabilia
- Picture books and games
- Ford Anglia model car
- Pre-decimal coins and pound notes
Themed suitcases, covering the following themes:
- African and Caribbean memories
- Liverpool Irish community memories
- Primary schools intergenerational resource
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) heritage
- Maritime Seafarers and dockers’ heritage
- ‘Nature watch’
- ‘Feast on art’ – art-based resource
- The Armed Forces – an army suitcase and a navy suitcase
- Liverpool sports and pastimes memories
- Liverpool Jewish community memories
- Liverpool shopping memories
- Liverpool Chinese community memories
- Liverpool transport memories
- ‘Home grown’ garden memories
How to book
If you are interested in booking a memory suitcase please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0151 478 4080.
Suitcases can be borrowed for two weeks, and must be collected and returned to the Museum of Liverpool, Pier Head, Liverpool Waterfront.
Image: African- Carribean Memory suitcase © Robin Clewley