Image: Workshop with African Elders, Toxteth. Photo by AB photography
This full day masterclass is aimed at anyone who has an interest in arts and dementia. We welcome both experienced artists and people with no previous experience of working directly in this field.
By the end of the day participants will have developed:
- An enhanced understanding of dementia
- An understanding of person-centred and relationship-centred care, and the ability to apply these to their own arts practice
- An understanding of the potential benefits of using the arts with people living with dementia
- Increased awareness of a range of arts approaches which have proved successful with people with dementia
- An understanding of the creative potential of working with people living with dementia and their carers
- An understanding of the particular challenges of working with people living with dementia, and a set of creative approaches to overcome these
- An understanding of the challenges of working in a care home setting, and guidelines to make this process run more smoothly
- Confidence in their ability to run creative workshops with people living with dementia, in both care homes and other settings.
This full-day course will use a mix of formal presentations, practical exercises and facilitated discussion..
Price (excluding booking fee)
Individual freelance practitioners and students: £80
Representatives from private sector organisations, Arts Council National Portfolio Organisations, HE, FE and Local Authorities: £105
For more information, or if you have difficulty with the fees please call us on 0151 345 6266