Thursday 8 March is International Women’s Day – a global celebration of the the social, economic, political and cultural achievements of women.
The day has been celebrated for over a century and National Museums Liverpool have a programme of free talks and events celebrating the achievements of women and girls this March.
- International Women’s Day tour at the Museum of Liverpool
- Poetess Empress-jai’s talk on Coretta Scott King at the International Slavery Museum
- ‘Black women sailors in history’ at the Merseyside Maritime Museum
- ‘Sewn Heroines’ craft workshop at International Slavery Museum
- ‘Model Image’ at Lady Lever Art Gallery
Visit the website to see the full programme of events and activities.